Accounting for securities and other investments poses significant challenges to modern enterprises. Organizations in the financial industry face a growing complexity in newly created financial instruments. Correct booking requires a multi-dimensional configuration of the booking logic in the IT systems. Errors in published business results can thus severely damage a company’s reputation. A large company may benefit by replacing a heterogeneous application landscape with a fully integrated asset management system utilizing a central data source. This enables company-wide availability of consistent, accurate, and daily accounting figures for use in reports and for management throughout all business teams.
- Replacement of distributed application landscapes by fully integrated systems with central data management
- Increasing the degree of automation and reduction of the operational risks in the correct accounting of ever new financial instruments
- Investigation of accounting errors in sub-ledger securities accounting
- Introduction of tools, methods and processes for quality management in investment accounting
- Optimization of closing processes and introduction of an internal control system within the back-office of an asset manager
- Support in replacing SAP CFM and in adoption of SimCorp Dimension as an integrated asset management system
- Management of the upgrade from SAP FI/CO ERP to current SAP technology